Kaseya Community

Delayed Alert

• Hi,

does some one know how to monitor a process MSExchangeIS and gives me an alert when it offline/stopped after 5 min.

The problem is that VSS makes a snapshot and is stopping the Information store (eventlog) and then it will gives me alarms I do not want to see.

Thanks,

Lucien

Legacy Forum Name: Delayed Alert,
    Legacy Posted By Username: solusjen
  • You can use Monitor Set to do this for you. You can then monitor the MSExchangeIS service and set the alarm threshold at 5 mins. you can also tell it to restart the service.

I also monitor the Store.exe and if he disappears, that tells me the store is offline (MSExchangeIS service could still be running). I believe there is an Exchange Monitor set from Kaseya already included in V5 that has both.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Hi,

When i change the monitor Set I have to add a counter what to monitor. Do you know what counter I can sellect to set a treshold?

thanks,

Legacy Posted By Username: solusjen
  • To monitor Store.exe: Create a new Monitor set, go to the Process Status tab, and add the process store.exe. Set the alarm on Down so you'll know when it is down.

To monitor MSExchangeIS: Create a new monitor set, go to the services check tab, and click add. Now MSExchangeIS service, set your restart attempts, and then you're done.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I have a related question..... we would like to monitor certain services (ie related to Exchange, Backup Exec, etc,). But we would like to minimize false alerts, caused by services stopping during reboots, patching, etc.

We really do not want to force an auto restart of a stopped service either.

We would just like to create a support ticket (which in our world means to send an email message to our ticketing system) when a service has been stopped for, say 10-minutes.

In Monitor Sets, I see options for Restart Attemtps, Restart Interval, etc. But I don't see an option that says the Service needs to be stopped for X seconds/minutes/hours, etc.

Is there any way to do this?

As always, thanks in advance.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • You can configure it like this:

1. Create at script called SERVICE-Check. Configure it to check the service you're monitoring and that it should create an e-mail. (Only a step at ELSE: This service stopped 10 minutes ago, and is still stopped. Or something like that..)

2. Create another script called SERVICE-pause. Configure it like this: IF True, THEN Execute script. Select SERVICE-Check. And enter time delay 10 minutes.

3. Then assign monitoring to the server, but do ONLY select Create Alarm and Run Script (Select SERVICE-pause)

A bit tricky, but it does the work Smile

Regards,
    Micke

Legacy Posted By Username: micke-datafant