Kaseya Community

Newbie: relationship between Windows Performance & Kaseya monitors?

• I just watched some of the EmPower training materials about Alert Monitoring and Performance Monitoring. I understand that if I create a monitor in my VSA that tracks, say CPU Time, it (the Agent) will get the information from Windows Performance Logs/Counters. But who has to configure the Performance settings on the Windows machine? Does Kaseya end up doing it? I hope so, or I have a lot of work ahead of me Smile

Assuming Kaseya handles setting up Performance stuff in Windows, what does it do to the *existing*, if any, Performance settings on a managed machine?

Sorry for what is likely to be a dumb question Smile

Legacy Forum Name: Newbie: relationship between Windows Performance & Kaseya monitors?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • When you assign the monitor set to the PC, it automatically does all the configuration on the PC. You can go onto the PC and in Performance Monitor look at the counters that it setup and see how it is configure to write the files to the temporary directory where Kaseya then picks up the values.

Anytime you run into issues with debugging Kaseya monitoring, the first place to look is Performance Monitor on the local PC and see if the counters were configured and are running.

Typical the only problems we have had are related to security issues on some applications like SQL monitoring. Always a fix available for these.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • Many thanks for the quick reply. I'm glad to hear Kaseya configures the Performance settings Smile

So what happens to any existing (pre Kaseya) Performance settings - are they left intact?

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • I think existing ones are left as is unless for some reason when you created them, you happended to assign the same name that Kaseya uses for the performance counter.

You can clearly see what Kaseya is using in the performance tool.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca