Kaseya Community

Ping monitoring

• Is there a way to monitor specific devices within a subnet just by using pings? We have some switches and firewalls that we would like to monitor within our organization. Monitoring for packet errors and things like that are just way too in-depth for what we need it for.

Legacy Forum Name: Ping monitoring,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pete.gilbride
  • Under the monitor tab, in External monitoring, you can set up ping checks to a given host name or IP address. We use this for most of our router, switch, and firewall monitoring, just to make sure they are up and running.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jgreer
  • Awesome. Thanks a bunch!
    Hey, you wouldnt happen to know how I could get ahold of a script that uninstalls McAfee and Symantec, would you?

-Pete

• Weird. When trying to add the device (Cisco ASA firewall), I need a machine to point it to that is running the agent???

• Yes, the external monitoring requires a machine with an agent to make the ping checks off of. The best way to do this is by setting the checks off of the server that uses the firewall, or any other machine that has access to it.

As for the script, I don't know of any that will do what you want.

Legacy Posted By Username: jgreer
  • Is there a way for Kaseya to monitor a specific service like store.exe (Exchange server information store). Now if this goes down, you need to know about it, but it will not be able to SEND an email alert. So, is it possible to have another machine check an exchange server to ensure this service is up?

-P

• actually the the KSERVER would send the alert email - so under monitoring you can setup to watch the STORE.exe process and have it alert when it goes down ...

Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting