Kaseya Community

Monitor Services using the ALL option Kaseya 2008

• Hiya,

When I saw the option to monitor all services I thought excellent and easy option. However when I use it I am getting alarms for services that are disabled not stopped.

My understanding of this option was that it would monitor for all automatic services and if they were stopped it would alarm - pretty straight forward. However on a server I tested it alarmed when certain services where set to disabled and not automatic and then in true style kept on alarming that they were "stopped".

How does this option work or is this correct and I just can't use it.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Services using the ALL option Kaseya 2008,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • I tried this and it threw in all services from all machines. You wouldn't believe the alarms!

I just need a from Kaseya-not a workaround with a script-in the form of a Kaseya wizard or something that will allow me to click a machine and will list the services and their details showing them running or stopped, automatic, disabled, manual--and let me just check boxes of wether I want them to be monitored or not. It's not rocket science.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: j.lee@carceron.net
  • j.lee@carceron.net
    ...in the form of a Kaseya wizard or something that will allow me to click a machine and will list the services and their details showing them running or stopped, automatic, disabled, manual--and let me just check boxes of wether I want them to be monitored or not. It's not rocket science.

I second this, it's a great idea! This is kind of like the button that lets you customize monitor sets for individual PCs. I would think the same idea could apply here. There's a monitor set that monitors "all" services. Clicking the "customize" button would allow the admin to scan the PC for current services, and then select which ones to monitor/restart on failures.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Loko IT, Holland

We monitor the services but we get all false alarms every few minutes. Like: Log value service does not exist, Service paused, Service stopped. The last two are correct alarms but the first; "Does not exist" comes every 5 minutes. About 2000! every time. This is very annoying, because our screen with the red or green computers stays red all the time. We asked for support with Kaseya and they say to apply the monitoring set: All Services and then apply the Update Lists By Scan. This option should apply in the Monitoring, only the services that are set to Automatic on the specific server. This doesn't work, and the problem consists for a while now.

Does anyone have an idea???

Arno

Legacy Posted By Username: Arno Rook
  • What works according to Kaseya and I have silenced mine is the following

You disable service monitoring on a server - then go to update scan list under monitor set and select the servers you want.

Once this is complete reapply your service monitor set and it should only then monitor what it now knows the servers have.

But you must do it for all servers individually.

Of course you can select all servers via a view and then click them all and run Update scan.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin