Kaseya Community

Baseline Exchange Server Monitor Set.

• All,

I would like to configure baseline monitoring on Exchange server. I do not have sufficient experience with Exchange to know which objects and counters would be necessary to provide minimal monitoring specifically for Exchange.

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Legacy Forum Name: Baseline Exchange Server Monitor Set.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: wdonohue
  • I've found this website to be very helpful in providing a primer for this topic. There's an Exchange section, and it goes over what you need to monitor and why.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/HealthCheck/index.htm

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jbellflowers
  • Thanks for the assistance.

Legacy Posted By Username: wdonohue
  • I have been trying to set up Exchange monitoring for a while now but, although there are exhaustive amounts of counter objects, etc for SQL there seem to be none for Exchange. Do they need to be built from the ground up?

Legacy Posted By Username: jor@qualcom.ie
  • jor@qualcom.ie
    I have been trying to set up Exchange monitoring for a while now but, although there are exhaustive amounts of counter objects, etc for SQL there seem to be none for Exchange. Do they need to be built from the ground up?

U have to perform scan of exchange server to get counters.
    I am using counters for Exchange local queue, remote queue, using custom script to monitor exchange database, monitoring IIS servicer and Exchange IS service.

Rudi

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • rudi
    U have to perform scan of exchange server to get counters.
    I am using counters for Exchange local queue, remote queue, using custom script to monitor exchange database, monitoring IIS servicer and Exchange IS service.

Rudi

Thanks for this by the way. That sorted me right out. (Sorry it took so long to say so)

Legacy Posted By Username: jor@qualcom.ie
  • can you email me the script .

Legacy Posted By Username: emad