Kaseya Community

Measuring internet bandwidth

This question is answered

Hiya,

I'm trying to monitor the internet usage in a network. And get a warning when it reaches a certain treshold of let's say 80% of the maximum internet bandwidth. But i can't seem to find such a function in Kaseya. I know that with the use of SNMP one can get the inOctets and OutOctets, but there is nothing that can measure the internet speed.

Has any of you guys figured this out? 

Verified Answer
  • In K2, Kaseya has added a new module called Network Discovery. It has MRTG integrated and could give you bandwidth monitoring.

Now I believe that in the future, you'll be able to assign alerts to this in the module (future release).

What we do right now is use PRTG traffic Grapher (free version) and config it to do this for us. It can also be configured to email you a daily (or weekly or monthly, etc...) utilization reports. We find this product works well with Sonicwalls cand Cisco.

All Replies
  • In K2, Kaseya has added a new module called Network Discovery. It has MRTG integrated and could give you bandwidth monitoring.

Now I believe that in the future, you'll be able to assign alerts to this in the module (future release).

What we do right now is use PRTG traffic Grapher (free version) and config it to do this for us. It can also be configured to email you a daily (or weekly or monthly, etc...) utilization reports. We find this product works well with Sonicwalls cand Cisco.

• Thank you very much, I'm really looking forward to this module, I spoke to someone from Kaseya last week and he didn't tell much about the KND. But a integrated MRTG module sounds great.

Let's hope they come with the update soon!

cheers

• I use a program called wall watcher that works with a lot of different routers using smtp or syslogs  http://www.wallwatcher.com/

Also if you have a computer acting as a router for a network like SBS 2003 then Traffic Agent works well www.flexbyte.com/internet-traffic-agent