Kaseya Community

Certain Counters Not Visible in Monitor Log

• We've customized the ZC-SV2-Machine Health monitor set for our own thresholds and applied it to some test machines. When I check the monitor log for those PCs, I see "% Processor Time", "LogicalDisk", "Paging File" and "PhysicalDisk". I do not see "Memory/Available MBytes", "Memory/Pages/sec" or "System/System Up Time". Why are some counters visible and others are not? Is there a toggle for this somewhere that I'm missing?

Legacy Forum Name: Certain Counters Not Visible in Monitor Log,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • We've had the same issue since the upgrade. I have a support ticket open and they connected a couple of times but have not really gotten to the issue.

We are not seeing available memory or # of processes running but always see CPU%.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • I also reported this issue and they told me it's in with the devs now. I have determined that the stuff is really being monitored it's just that we can't see the information on the Monitor Log. If you use Live Connect you can see the live data on these.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • I used to take some solace in the "at least it's not just me" line... But now I'm just getting frustrated. Every single time I think I'm in good shape, I find something else that's broken. New policy for us... Upgrades aren't getting put in place until a month after their release date.

• Not doing the upgrade as soon as it comes out is common sense.

I wish my interest in K2008 hadn't over ruled my common sense.

• far182
    I also reported this issue and they told me it's in with the devs now. I have determined that the stuff is really being monitored it's just that we can't see the information on the Monitor Log. If you use Live Connect you can see the live data on these.

Just got a response on this. There's a hotfix coming down the pipe, it will be out within 48 hours from today (March 18). The issue is related to the PCs not being scanned with the "update lists by scan", so the server doesn't think the agent you're looking at has the counters on it. I'm told the hotfix will resolve this and we'll all be looking at our monitored data within a few days.

• Has anyone heard anything further on this? Is this fixed for anyone? I was promised a hotfix within 48 hours five days ago, and here I am with the same issue. It now being 5 days later, I'm wondering what's going on with this issue. Some of these are CRITICAL counters for us (ie. RAM, page file usage, etc.). It won't take our customers long to realize that we DON'T have this data when they call to ask how Exchange ate all their server's RAM and crashed without us knowing.

• We received a hotfix today and all is well. I'm now able to view all counters in a monitor set when I click on "monitor log".

• Although we've received all the hot fixes, this remains a problem for us and we are unable to see all of the data under monitor log.