Kaseya Community

Explanation of the New Monitoring Sets

• I'm wondering if someone can clarify a few things about the new monitoring sets that came with the 2008 release. A large portion of the sets that are used for stats gathering seem to have multiple counters that are identical. "ZC-SV2-Machine Health", for example, has four "% processor time" counters, four "% Free Space on LogicalDisk" counters, etc. I think these are to be used if I have four processors, or four disks, etc... But I'm not sure if that's true.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,
    AR

Legacy Forum Name: Explanation of the New Monitoring Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Somewhere during the upgrade, possibly if you ran it more than once, these monitor sets ended up with duplicate entries. For everyone I looked at, I had 6 copies of every counter.

If you remove one of the sets and then reload the samples you should see only one set of counters.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • Thank you for the answer! We were required to run the 2008 upgrade four times (at Kaseya's request... I'm kind of miffed that they didn't warn me this was going to happen). I have opened a ticket and I hope that they can come up with an easier way of restoring the defaults rather than manually deleting 220 sample sets.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • I deleted the sample sets and tried to reload them and it pegged out my server something awful ... and my server's not that bad either .... Dual Core Xeon at 2.0 GHz w/ 4Gb of RAM and it pegged out so slow I couldn't get into the box at all ... and to top it off the monitor sets did not reload - AND it erased all my customized scripts that were the same name as anything that was in the samples!

Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting