Kaseya Community

Monitoring Dell RAID5

This question is answered

I have just installed K2 and am new to setting up monitoring. I would like to implement a monitor that alerts me if a RAID5 virtual disk has become degraded. An example server is a Dell PowerEdge R610 with a Perc 6/i Integrated controller. Do I need to create my own SNMP monitoring sets or is there somewhere I can download these from?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pete

Verified Answer
  • I am not sure about SNMP (we haven't fully implemented it, been on the we will get to it list for months) but with Dell's Open Manage can be installed and configured to dump to the Windows event logs, and then you can monitor Event logs for these events. I do not have a complete list of the event ID and source, but it should be simple to find unless someone else has a list and can post it.

• Use Dell OpenManage and setup an event log monitor to trigger on warning and above for the source filter of "Server Administrator" and All IDs.

Here's an export for K2:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

<event_sets>

<set_elements setName="Dell OpenManage" eventSetId="44567113" snmpTraps="0">

<element_data ignore="0" source="Server Administrator" category="*" eventId="-1" username="*" description="*"/>

</set_elements>

</event_sets>

All Replies
  • I am not sure about SNMP (we haven't fully implemented it, been on the we will get to it list for months) but with Dell's Open Manage can be installed and configured to dump to the Windows event logs, and then you can monitor Event logs for these events. I do not have a complete list of the event ID and source, but it should be simple to find unless someone else has a list and can post it.

• Use Dell OpenManage and setup an event log monitor to trigger on warning and above for the source filter of "Server Administrator" and All IDs.

Here's an export for K2:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

<event_sets>

<set_elements setName="Dell OpenManage" eventSetId="44567113" snmpTraps="0">

<element_data ignore="0" source="Server Administrator" category="*" eventId="-1" username="*" description="*"/>

</set_elements>

</event_sets>

• there is some Dell alerting Templates already in there, you just need to apply and configure them.

Check "Event Log" alerts, then apply them as needed.

• Dell and HP usually drop an Event in the Windows Logs that you can monitor as well.

• Thats all I alert for the the MR_MONITOR events that drop the 2000 series events which usually indicate degraded array, rebuilding, drive removed,etc...just make sure open manage is on there