Kaseya Community

A few SNMP Questions

This question is answered

I'm an MRTG user who has been tasked to find a way to do some of these types of things in Kaseya.  Obviously, I have a few questions.

I can't seem to figure out how SNMP + Kaseya work together.  I know how SNMP works very well.

Let's say that I want to get the CPU Load of a Linux server, or anything, really.  For Linux, that would mean that I want to pull .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.3.1

So, I go into SNMP Sets, create a new set called "Linux Load", then I go to look at where to enter the OID.  I can't find a place to enter the number, so I'm trying to use the name.  The problem is that when I go to add something to watch for in the SNMP Set, I see "Linux Load (1,5,10) minutes" 8 times in the dropdown menu.  Which one am I supposed to pick?

Is there a simpler way to say "watch this OID on this IP with this community string".  How often does it poll, and can I configure that?

Verified Answer
  • Can the device you want to monitor do SNMP Trap?

Might be better to do it that way as you do most of the setup work on the target machine and then just monitor for it via the event logs.

All Replies
  • Can the device you want to monitor do SNMP Trap?

Might be better to do it that way as you do most of the setup work on the target machine and then just monitor for it via the event logs.