Kaseya Community

Ignore alerts during pre-defined time window?

• This may be a feature request, and I'm SURE someone has already thought of this...

I would like to be able to "ignore" certain alerts on individual monitor setsif they occur during a specified time period. By ignore, I mean either NOT generate an alert at all or at least NOT send an email in addition to the alert.

For example, if I know that Server_X is going to be running a full system backup from 1 a.m. - 4 a.m. every day, andthat process always causes a "memory pages/sec" alert, because of the Base Server Performance monitor set, I get an alert, and therefore a ticket is created. So ifI ammanaging100 servers and they are allgetting backed up, and all backups are causing memory pages/sec alerts,I end up with100 tickets every morning thatI have todelete, because I don't care about those particular alerts. I DO, however, care if I have excessive paging during the day when the server is under user demand, so I can't disable the monitor set completely. It would be nice if, in this example case, I could just configure monitoring in Kaseya to ignore the memory pages/sec alert between the hours of 12 a.m. - 5 a.m.

Yes, I know that I can increase the counter thresholds on the various counters, but I don't necessarily want to do that because the server may be performing just fine during the day; the backup at night may be the most stressful thing the server does, which doesn't affect user experience. Therefore, I don't want to let the performance during backups dictate my monitoring thresholds.

So, my complete request is...Can Kaseya be configured to ignore certain alerts in specific monitor sets during specified time windows? or is there another way around this problem which I have not considered? Or...if the answer to both of those questions is "no", would you (Kaseya) please consider this post a feature request?

thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: Ignore alerts during pre-defined time window?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: matcomm
  • Just making sure I'm following you on this: You're not talking about the Suspend Alarms functionality, yes?

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • ha, right there under my nose.

See, I told you someone already thought of it....the developers!

Yes, the suspend alarms function will do nicely. Thanks for pointing it out.

Legacy Posted By Username: matcomm
  • No problem. I'm lucky if I can get half of my engineers to use it regularly, so it's no surprise that it went under others' radar as well.

That said, what you described would be useful in a Monitor Set-specific fashion as well. (e.g. I want to know if the server completely falls over, but during backup time I don't need to know that the network interface and tape drive I/O are quite busy.)

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck