Kaseya Community

Excessive Memory Pages / Sec

• Using the default base server monitoring, I'm getting a Memory Pages / Sec warning a few times per day on my SQL 2005 servers. I have verified these servers are not overutilized and have plenty of memory to spare (4gb of RAM and not heavily utilized SQL).

Any suggestions?

Legacy Forum Name: Excessive Memory Pages / Sec,
    Legacy Posted By Username: erik@netsource-one.com
  • Change your thresholds. I had it monitor my servers over the course of a week and then went back and checked the graph. From there you can see what the server normally sits at. Grab a maximum value from that graph and make it your threshold value. Now your memory pages monitor is tailored to your server, and not some baseline that Kaseya setup.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Thanks

That's pretty much what we decided to do. I didn't know if this was a common occurance across the Kaseya user base, or if we just had our own problems. Good to hear we aren't alone there.

Legacy Posted By Username: erik@netsource-one.com
  • When you go through Kaseya training they tell you that you have to set the thresholds to the values that are apprporiate for the machine that you are monitoring. This is true of most, if not all, of the various monitoring settings.

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc