Kaseya Community

How do I stop Application alerts form reporting on the Temp Directory?

• We just newly installed Kaseya and set up all our alerts. But I get a billion emails everyday from Kaseya about every PC having new software on it and the software is its own EXE files used to inventory the system.

C:\temp\KLicense.exe
    C:\temp\odt.exe
    C:\temp\odt\convert.exe
    C:\temp\odt\inventory.exe

How do I make this stop and only tell me when REAL software is added to the system?

Eric

Legacy Forum Name: How do I stop Application alerts form reporting on the Temp Directory?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: efieric
  • In the Alerts function select Application Changes. In there, you can specify an exclude directory for the application changes alert. Enter c:\temp and apply that to all your machines.

However, you should not be getting these alerts every day unless you have something deleting these files every day. Check to see if something is clearing out c:\temp every day and either stop it or change your agent's temp directory to be someplace else. Not deleting these files every day will enhance your system performance by removing the requirement to re-transmit these files to your machine each time it wants to audit again.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Sutherland
  • Thanks Mark. I should have known that. But as it turns out. That Box doesnt appear in Firefox 2.0.0.7. Once I opened the Admin in IE it showed up and I was able to apply the settings. Looks like I'm back to IE for admin as I don't know hwere else in the system stuff is broke in FF. Sad

Legacy Posted By Username: efieric
  • Whoops. That was a bug. We have posted a hotfix that corrects this behavior. Your server should automatically pick up and apply the hotfix in the next 24 hours. Then firefox should work just fine for you.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Sutherland