Kaseya Community

I'm not sure?

• ...but today we didn't get an alert on a system when it was low on disk space. When we checked in, the system had a value much different than Kaseya reported, by about 1GB. At some point it reached the threshold and didn't alert. It turns out, to get the value to update, we had to run an audit, which was scheduled to run only as often as every 7 days. Does this mean that any generated alert will notify us only when an audit is run on the agent?

How often do you guys run your audits? I would like to be notified of certain changes of resources as quickly as possible, as often as every 5 minutes.

It seems like running an audit this often would be very resource intensive, and just generally not a good idea. Comments/Feedback really appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: I'm not sure?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jwhitford
  • jwhitford wrote:
    ...but today we didn't get an alert on a system when it was low on disk space. When we checked in, the system had a value much different than Kaseya reported, by about 1GB. At some point it reached the threshold and didn't alert. It turns out, to get the value to update, we had to run an audit, which was scheduled to run only as often as every 7 days. Does this mean that any generated alert will notify us only when an audit is run on the agent?

How often do you guys run your audits? I would like to be notified of certain changes of resources as quickly as possible, as often as every 5 minutes.

It seems like running an audit this often would be very resource intensive, and just generally not a good idea. Comments/Feedback really appreciated.

Yes, when you use the low disk space alert it is using audit information. You will only get these alerts after an audit.

You can also Monitor these (if windows 2003, xp, or above) by using a monitoring set. With Windows 2000 you are kind of out of luck. We run audits every day here because of that.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182