Kaseya Community

Base Server Performance Set

• After editing the base server performance set that comes with Kaseya, the monitoring of of CPU seems to have halted. Is there a way to return the default configuration for Base server performence set?

Legacy Forum Name: Base Server Performance Set,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RMicroData
  • Under the System->Configure function you'll find a 'reload sample monitor sets' butt, but chances are you have the 'reload samples at DB maintenance' option ticked so it will happen automatically the next time the kaseya backup runs.

It's unlikely your problem is to do with the set, but more likely to be with windows not returning data on the client machine. The best thing to do is to go into the Monitor->Monitor log function and you will see either a green 'sync' styleicon or a small bar graphicon with a red cross on it. If you see at greenicon then Kaseya thinks it's still returning data, but clicking on it will force it to 'reload' the perfmon counter and should reset it. If it's got the red crossicon then it maybe that the changes you've made aren't supported on the end client by perfmon. Go and run perfmon on the local machine and look for the counter. Try clicking the red cross icon to force a reload and see if it helps.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • I've done everything. I've removed the counter on the client machine and then added it. I removed the moniter set entirley and under system > configure I re established the default set. Out off 10 machines we run it on it is only returning data on 3. Any ideas?

• On a client check one of the C:\Temp\KLogs\KLOG$10nn.csv files and check that it acutally contains data such as:

"(PDH-CSV 4.0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)","\\KSERVER\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time"
    "07/03/2007 10:06:10.921","1.3474807967712499"
    "07/03/2007 10:08:10.921","7.9882812499999956"
    (etc)

That will tell you whether the counters themselvesare working and it's a problem getting them back to your Kaseya server.

Also check the monitor set that the collection threshold is low enough to actually collect some data. That has caught me out before.

Legacy Posted By Username: plenfestey
  • I got it working by lowering the alert threshold.

• That had me tearing what's left of my hair out for ages! Smile Sometimes the simplest solutions are the ones that are overlooked.

• Bear in mind that, as Ray points out, the default monitoring sets such as Base Performance will get reloaded every so often, overwriting any changes you have made (your lower collection threshold), so it isbest to use SaveAs and make a copy of the set and alter and assign that.