how do i use dell open manage w/ kaseya?

• Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to use kaseya to monitor dell open manage to monitor one of my servers (specifically fan speed, internal temp, and raid array statuses). In other words,I wouldlike kaseya to communicate with dell open manage to relayinformation. I was thinking that kaseya would see dell open manage as an snmp device and I could create an snmp set to monitor those specific things however, getting to that point has been hard to figure out. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, and let me know if the logic behind my thinking is correct too.

THANKS,

Tom

Legacy Forum Name: how do i use dell open manage w/ kaseya?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tecook7
  • Dont feel alone.... I've been battling getting OpenManage to be seen by Kaseya as well...

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cft-darryl
  • We're looking for the answer to this question as well...

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • i think i could get it working but the snmp community string within our dell openmanage software was changed from the default and now nobody knows what it is. as soon as i get the information from dell to reset the string i should be able to make some progress and hopefully get it going.

• Your on the right track. Once SNMP is setup and you find the correct OIDs in the Openmanage MIB it works great.

Legacy Posted By Username: vcrocca
  • that's what i figured, it's just really annoying that i don't have the snmp community string

• You should be able to go to the SNMP service in Windows services and configure a new one if you cannot recover it.

• I ran into the problem where it wants to set a password. I dotn know the old (default) one, so i cant seem to set one...

Even if i can set one, Kaseya has no place to store it.... But then again, i may just be not understanding something...

• Sounds like you have a device that is using SNMP version 3 which in some cases requires a password. Kaseya only supports Version 1 and 2. Passwords are usually only required if you are are writing SNMP values. If you are only reading values (recommended) password not needed.

We lock things down by limiting SNMP reads on the managed device to only a single IP address of the SNMP management station. In Kaseya's case this would be the IP address of the agent performing the SNMP reads. If the station has a dynamic IP address just specify the entire privayte subnet.

• Hmm.... That may be the case....

I'm using the newest Open Manage... anyone have experience with this?

• I am using it with no problems. Configure it in the SNMP service and it works great.

• It didnt ask you to enter a password?

• Well, i found out what the default password was, and changed it.... I dont see any SNMP Configuration from the Preferences tab besides the password.... There is no place to assign a community name or anything?

I appreciate the help...

• how did you find the default password

• 5 minutes of google searching through the dell website Smile