Kaseya Community

MIB question

• Hello,

I am pretty new to using SNMP. But through Kaseya I was able to discover the SNMP device, but having a hard time trying to obtain a MIB for a HP laserjet 2420 printer. I have been to the somix.com and mibdepot site which listed other hp printersbut not the one I am looking for, unless I am not looking correctly. I called the tech support and the tech didn't know what a MIB was. I have perused through the HP site looking for the MIB which of course was unsuccesful. Anyone out there have any clues and pointers ingettingMIBs?

Thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: MIB question,
    Legacy Posted By Username: richfieldsong
  • Hi,
    Depending on what you want to do, the functionality may already be available through the PRINTER-MIB part of the MIB-2 tree, which is based on a RFC (the number of which escapes me currently).

A webpage I've found helpful for this has been: http://support.ipmonitor.com/mibs/PRINTER-MIB/info.aspx

As far as I can tell, some of the functionality is already available through Kaseya (though I can't be sure as I'm using a remotely hosted one, so someone entirely unknown to me may already have added stuff).

Be warned that HP seem to have a slightly unusual view on how this works, specifically regarding ink levels (though as that's all I've looked at thus far, that is by no means an exclusive list).

Dan

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Odd_Bloke