Kaseya Community

System Check External Monitoring

• I was hoping for a little more functionality as far as the system check was concerned.

Has anyone looked into how they can set up the system check so that we are notified when the item being monitored has come alive again.

We would like to know when it went down and for how long and to be able to track this. We are monitoring multiple VPN connections.

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: System Check External Monitoring,
    Legacy Posted By Username: glenn@micromarket.on.ca
  • glenn@micromarket.on.ca wrote:
    I was hoping for a little more functionality as far as the system check was concerned.

Has anyone looked into how they can set up the system check so that we are notified when the item being monitored has come alive again.

We would like to know when it went down and for how long and to be able to track this. We are monitoring multiple VPN connections.

Thanks

We're in a similar situation. However, what I'd like is an option to have an alert "auto close" when it becomes good again.

If our broadband lines drop out during the night, I don't really want to have to clear loads of VPN alerts when we get in the next morning if these connections have resolved themselves during the night.

Same where we have customers with multiple WAN links. If one of their three broadbands drops out, we need to record this, but it's not really something to get in a flap about - especially if it comes back again in 10-15 mins.

Oh - and the ability to assign alerts into a monitoring category like we can do with perfmon - so we can distinguish things like router down vs mailserver down vs vpn down.

gordon

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc