Kaseya Community

Autotask integration

• Hey all,

Autotask says that it is ready for Kaseya. Anyone know how to format the email that is sent to Autotask to open a new ticket?

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Autotask integration,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rdew@unginc.com
  • Called the Kaseya support they said to ask autotask, autotask says to ask Kaseya. In Level Platforms it was real simple, click "integrate with autotask" but then again they didn't have all the cool features of Kaseya. We have the password and username, just need to be able to format the email correctly or tell it to integrate.

Thx guysBig Smileude:

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gsaunders
  • Connectwise?

Just kidding. Wink

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • There is no such thing as Autotask to Kaseya integration. Kaseya is trying to beef up their ticketing system, so it doesn't seem to serve them much to try to integrate with someone like Autotask.

IIRC, Connectwise did the integration mostly themselves, as they are both users of Kaseya and users and developers of Connectwise. Autotask is more at the mercy of Kaseya and Kaseya probably isn't moving too quickly on something like this.

I've asked Kaseya several times about being able to edit that email created by the Kaseya server that is would be sent to Autotask, but no luck.

We've since decided to simply bypass the Kaseya ticketing system altogether and simply direct customers to the Autotask Client Access page so they can submit tickets directly in Autotask. Not ideal, since we have to manage user names and passwords in Autotask, but it seems to work.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • I think this would be a nice add-on for Kaseya. AutoTask is a CRM so regardless of how well the ticket system works in Kaseya it's still not a CRM.

Legacy Posted By Username: jbland
  • Maybe I should have answered the original question :-D

This is somewhat funny. AutoTask mentions they work with Kaseya, but once you push the subject, what does work with Kaseya really mean. Even on the autotask docs it says contact Kaseya.

Anyways. You'll need the following. 1. External email account, I create one for each company such as alerts-CO1@mydomain.com, alerts-CO2@mydomain.com, etc... 2. Purchase email2DB - Autotask can provide you with some docs on setting this up.

Configure Kaseya to deliver all alerts to the appropriate address. Email2DB runs, checks the mailbox, then adds the appropriate XML tags, then forwards the email off to addticket@autotask.net. If you want the ticket added to the correct company make sure you add the appropriate XML tags for the Company name.

That's about it. If you need more instruction or get a little lost feel free to send me a private message.

Legacy Posted By Username: jbland
  • Yea, we found the documents on this, just didn't like that we were told it would work but not told that for it to work you have to buy a seperate program. Which isn't all that much one time fee of 185 but still, another thing we have to keep up with and i'm lazy CoolThx for the help

Legacy Posted By Username: gsaunders
  • I agree, the integration between Kaseya and Autotask is pretty much non existent. For now we are letting end users create a ticket or support request in Kaseya, and the creating an Autotask ticket with the email it generates with the Outlook integration. No I need a way to easily clear the tickets out of Autotask. This really needs some improvment.

Eric

Legacy Posted By Username: elong0003