Kaseya Community

Excluding Error Events.

• My first question guys, so please be gentle with me. I am monitoring system and application logs on most machines. This works very well but in some cases I get alerts that I really dont care about....

For example,

Log: Application
    Type: Warning
    Event: 3036

etc etc....

Having discussed this with the engineer in question we have decided that this error will not be resolved (at any time soon)... I want to continue to monitor the application log, but do not wish to see this error for this particular server...

How do I go about excluding this from the errors that are passed on?

Legacy Forum Name: Excluding Error Events.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Stereo
  • You will need to create an exclusion event set via the "Define events to match or ignore" drop-down in the Alerts feature's app or system event configuration.

1. Choose a

2. Givetheseta name

3. Configure the filter for the event to exclude (e.g. Source, Category, Event ID, etc) and make sure to check the "Ignore" box on the left

4. Click "Add" and contine adding events to exclude as needed

Once done, close the event set window, select the event category check boxes for the excluded events (e.g. Error, Warning) and select your newly created exclusion set from the drop-down. You can then assign this new set to the machines on which you would like to exclude these events.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bellcpa
  • Ah, nice. Works well. Thank you.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Stereo