Kaseya Community

Monitoring Services on Clustered Exchange

• Situation:

Have a client who wants to Alert when Exchange services go down for the entire cluster, however, they do not want to be Alerted when those same Services are down on a particular server as the services are expected to be down in thier environment.

I have suggested just reducing the number of times that the down services would send an alert by extending the alarm duration.

They are looking for something beyond that.

Two questions: How are you managing services on clustered Exchange servers?

Can I script in Kaseya the following logic: IF SERVER A service is down AND SERVER B service is down, THEN alert, ELSE don't alert?

Thank You

Legacy Forum Name: Monitoring Services on Clustered Exchange,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bret
  • bret wrote:
    Can I script in Kaseya the following logic: IF SERVER A service is down AND SERVER B service is down, THEN alert, ELSE don't alert?

Hmmmm.....maybeI'm in left field.

AVB script or other programming code could be written to check the status of the apporiate service(s)on both clustered servers.If both service statuses were down then create an event log entry. You could then filter for one or more of the event log entries that would in turn cause an alert or other type of notification to occur. Does that make sense or am I out there.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex