Kaseya Community

Monitoring Thresholds

• Monitoring has not been very useful to us because everytime we turn on a monitor set we end up with a bunch of meaningless alerts.

It would be nice to have some basic "real" alert sets for things like Windows Domain Controller, SQL Server, Exchange Server, Terminal Server. The samples included look like someone spent about 5 minutes on them.

Is anyone else out there in the same position?

Legacy Forum Name: Monitoring Thresholds,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • They are configured that way to provide examples of how the monitors work and the results that they produce. You will need to use your own expertise in configuring them to work in a real production environment. I learned that really quickwhen I first started playing with the monitor sets and had the alarms forwarding to my blackberry. :-D

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: brad.g
  • I understand that.

My point was that maybe someone could post an actual monitor set for things like Windows Domain Controller, SQL Server, Exchange Server, Terminal Server. Maybe just one.

At least everyone would then have a realistic model on which to base other monitor sets.

The monitor sets included are of little use. It would probably be best to not include them. They cause more confusion than anything else

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines