Kaseya Community

high CPU utilization - WMIPRVSE

• Has anybody seen servers with high CPU utilization caused by WMIPRVSE? This seems to be an increasingly common problem on servers we manage running Kaseya. Haven't found much else on the web except referencing MS MOM and memory leaks.

Legacy Forum Name: high CPU utilization - WMIPRVSE,
    Legacy Posted By Username: databalance
  • I have noticed this on several servers running the Kaseya agent. I have actually seen it bring servers down until you kill the process. It seems to only happen when I try to install the backup software (Acronis)

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cholliday
  • cholliday wrote:
    I have noticed this on several servers running the Kaseya agent. I have actually seen it bring servers down until you kill the process. It seems to only happen when I try to install the backup software (Acronis)

I have also only seen this when installing BUDR. This happends if ANY Veritas Backup software is installed on the server.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • databalance wrote:
    Has anybody seen servers with high CPU utilization caused by WMIPRVSE? This seems to be an increasingly common problem on servers we manage running Kaseya. Haven't found much else on the web except referencing MS MOM and memory leaks.

WMIPRVSE is a part of the Windows Management Instruments; this toolset collects data from your system and is accessible through kaseya. Watch out for real-time logging & low intervals on your monitor sets, it will cause high cpu loads if you have too many sets at too low intervals.

Kind regards,

Oscar

Legacy Posted By Username: oscard
  • I have seen this be a problem on several servers as well. Almost every notification that we receive about high CPU utilization on a server has been due to WMIPRVSE.

Legacy Posted By Username: dschoene
  • Any updates on this? Anyone open a ticket with Kaseya? We are experiencing the same thing on several Server 2k3 boxes.

Legacy Posted By Username: jkurth