Kaseya Community

System Check on 127.0.0.1 doesn't seem to work

• I was hoping to allow each server to monitor it's own web server, mail server, etc.but 127.0.0.1 does not generate any alarms even when the web site is clearly down. I have tried http://127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.1, , and even a port check on 127.0.0.1:80. None of themgeneratean alarm and all of these addresses get page not found when typed manually into IE. I added a System Check to an agent at another site using the www.site.com and that onedid generate an alarm.

Is there a way to self-monitor using the System Check?

Legacy Forum Name: System Check on 127.0.0.1 doesn't seem to work,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jhardin
  • Well with the new release of Kaseya. You can monitor a url.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nvo
  • I tried that as well. Doesn't work for us. Had a Web URL monitored every 10 minutes and it went down this weekend and no alert was generated. Seems like a bug.

• What I just learned from Kaseya is that if you are monitoring an external device you will be alerted of the change in status, but when it comes back online you will not be notified. Also if you do not go into Kaseya and close out the alert you will not be notified if the external system goes down again. This is a huge problem for me, I intended to use the external monitoring but now need to re-evaluate my position

Legacy Posted By Username: tgossi01
  • We don't receive an alert at all. In this particular instance, their main website was still up, but OWA went down and we had a monitor for www.customer.com/exchange. Perhaps if the WWW service is still responding on port 80, Kaseya can't tell if one part of the site is not responding. Maybe a script that checks the html will get around this limitation.