Kaseya Community

Monitor POP3?

• I have an Exchange server that is acting flaky... Authentication becomes very slow and then eventually stops working all together forfolks that POP in for email.The POP servicestays running.

Doesanyone knowof a way to have Kaseya monitor a POP3 account (i.e. login to it every minute) and if it fails have it generate an email? Any help would be appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor POP3?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dlowenth
  • Try the Monitor Tab->External Monitoring-> System Check->Port Connection.

Set it to monitor the POP port (110)every minute to see if it can connect.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Thanks for the reply. We tried telnet'ing to the port and it responds... when it fails it hangs on authentication. The port monitor would still show it was up. :-( Still trying to find the root of the issue.

• One of the objects you can monitor is a process, is there any child process that maybe dies when the service hangs? Often one thing hanging can trigger other events, or problems in other processes? I'm not sure what else to suggest. How do you normally tell when there is an problem?

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • A possible solution is to script a TELNET command and write everything to a TEXT File. Grab that Text File as Variable Contents,Run another script and have it look at the Variable Contents and do somthing with the results.

I dont have a suggestion to the TELNET Script although I know it is possible I cant remember the program.

Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • We reinstalled Exchange... fixed the problem. Thanks for the feedback.