Type: Counter
    Log Object: Memory Pages / Sec
    Alarm Time: 1:02:05 am 24-Jul-06
    Log Value: 441
    Alarm Operator: Over
    Alarm Threshold: 20
    Alarm Duration: 1 Hour(s)

is 20 a realistic threshold?

Every server we have alarms on this. What can we do (other than raise the threshold) to remediate this.

Legacy Forum Name: Base Server Memory Pages/Sec,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rvines
  • I'm actually considering pulling that check out of the Base Server Performance set; it doesn't seem to indicate an actual problem unless it alarms in conjunction with something else out of that set... at which point that "something else" is much more interesting anyway.

Then again, if someone has a good reason why I shouldn't take such an action, now's the time to speak up...

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • Found this online.

Maybe this is an indication that this counter really doesn't give you much of an indication as to system performance.

When using Performance Monitor, you might encounter high Memory: Pages/sec counter values that are not related to either paging file activity or cache activity. These high values may instead be caused by the an application sequentially reading a memory mapped file.

• Found this too:

Acceptable rates for Memory\Pages/sec range from 40 per second on older laptop computers to 150 per second for the newest disk systems

maybe 20 is a bit low, eh?

• And now I've discovered that the "sample" Monitor Sets can't really be properly/permanently changed, and can only be deleted if you also go in and tell Kaseya's configuration not to re-load sample sets on main-system updates. Bah.

Note to self: Don't use the sample sets for anything serious; make copies and tweak accordingly. (Oh, Kaseya folks? You might want to do something about "Gerneric Laser Printer" in the SNMP sample sets.)

Once I'm home again from the training seminar, I'll make the change and reassign the devices I'm monitoring...

• Theseare sample sets! Please use them to setup your own thresholds.
    Or make them completly by yourself.

And you can change sets, take ownership. I have reposted the new Base Server Set on the forum

Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • Hai, they're samples... and not clearly marked as such, so someone like myself who's just coming into using an existing Kaseya rig assumes that they're fully functional sets that can be manipulated naturally.

Now I know, of course, and will tailor future actions accordingly. Just please don't berate your end-users for not knowing what's a sample and what's created by one's fellow techs, thanks.

• In training these are all mentioned as Samples. I believe that even the description states this is a sample as well. Scripts, SNMP Sets, Monitor Sets, Event Sets. These are all samples. Without them it would be an empty cerial box with out the charms!

I am only trying to help out people by creating these sets.

Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • ok, so it would be helpful to have some information from anyone in the community about what the thresholds should be.

Maybe there is a performance monitor text that goes over them. I will check.