Kaseya Community

Alarm Escalation

• Hello,

I would love to see a way that alarms can continue to notify you until acknowledged. For example if I have a status alarm on a machine and it goes down I get 1 alarm.. Say I miss that email, I am in a busy area, etc.. Now after that one alarm, I do not get any more notifications from the Kserver that the machine is down.. This can be bad whenever I miss the first alarm for some reason and instead of me calling my client and saying "I see your server is down" they are calling me to tell me that there server is down and didnt I know about it. Most monitoring systems work in this manner (Nagios for example). Is Kaseya planning on adding this feature?

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Alarm Escalation,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • One of the options when setting up a monitor set is the 'Ignore Additional Alarms for' . If you set this to a very short timeout (5 minutes maybe?), you will continue to receive alarms for this object, as long as it is still in the Alarm threshold.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Ray,

I'm not sure but I think you might have missedMarty's issue because of confusing terminology. I believe that Marty was referring to "alerts" not "monitoring set alarms". Kaseya does not have ANY threshold, escalation,trendcapabilities for alerts yet (at least that I'm aware of).

That is a topic near and dear to my heart as well. We are dying to have the same type of threshold/escalation/trend capabilities for alerts as for monitoring set alarms. We still haven't really figured out how to use much of the monitoring alarms in the real world effectively. But alerts are incredibly useful and would be MUCH better if we could set thresholds, etc.

The "server down" or "system offline for XX" is a crucial alert. As are the app/sys/security event alerts. All of those alert areas really, really need threshold capabilities ASAP. It is costing us a lot of extra effort trying to manage alerts successfully. Many people just don't even turn on some of these alerts because without threshold/escalation/trend capabilities, they can be completely overwhelming or not very useful.

By the way, is there an actual "monitoring set alarm" for a system going offline, separate from the "alert" when a system goes offline?

Marty,

One suggestion for your specific request: send the alert for "system offline for XX" as an e-mail message to your service desk. That way when it goes offline, it opens a ticket automatically and you won't be able to overlook it or forget it until the ticket is closed.

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • a "bump" to let Kaseya know this is still an issue of mine..

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Having just learned about this issue the hard way, I would really like to see some sort of escalation or re-alert mechanism. We had an alarm cleared and missed the email sent by the system. Kaseya reported thereafter that all was well on the machine even after the disk drive completely filled and the customer called to notify us that they could no longer access the server.

Brian

Legacy Posted By Username: bdawson