Kaseya Community

Collection Threshold = -1

This question is answered

Its been a while since I have created any monitoring sets and I have been asked to make some new ones, just can't for the life of me remember what the purpose of making the collection threshold -1.

I have been looking through all my documentation, Kaseya help file and the online training but can't find anything that mentions how using - values should be used.

Verified Answer
  • -1 just means that it will always collect the information.

• Does -1 turn off/disable the thresholds?

• Setting the Threshold to -1 will mean that the system always collects data , as the number reported by Kaseya will 0 (Zero) or more.

All Replies
  • -1 just means that it will always collect the information.

• Does -1 turn off/disable the thresholds?

• Setting the Threshold to -1 will mean that the system always collects data , as the number reported by Kaseya will 0 (Zero) or more.

• Thanks for the response guys, I wish they would put stuff like that into the help docs, would make my life so much easier.

• But what if your counter is supposed to return negative numbers? *smile*

[edited by: Dan at 8:54 AM (GMT -7) on 9-24-2010]
  • when i use the monitoring of essential in kaseya to monitor our sql server it still "waiting for data"  in my last value, do you think its bcos the configuration of monitor set that i do?

what do you think is the error? help me

• @Hardknox, another heads about it - don't use it on every monitor set you have created, we have dozens of monitor sets not including the SNMP sets.

Collecting all of the data, all of the time, will slow your VSA to an absolute crawl. We used it over a 7 day period there were 200,000+ records in that period and it was killing our server. Be very selective about collecting all the data all the time.

It is a pity that it can slow things down so much, it'd make such a useful reporting tool. (Not Kaseyas fault - just a database thing)