Kaseya Community

Anyone know how to report on PC mapped network drives, and networked printers?

This question is answered

I have been digging around in the agent itself, and also trying to generate a report that would give me this info, without having to login to each PC.  Am I missing something fundamental?   I would think this would be a basic reporting function, but I am not having any luck, help please!

Thanks!!

Sad

Verified Answer
  • You need to write a script that runs as user, then do this execute shell command:

net use >> #temp#\networkdrives.txt

Note: I did the double pipe which is a single pipe in a Kaseya script. Also note you will need to sort out the temp variable. You can then do a get variable or get file for the file content of #temp#\networkdrives.txt, and you can then email that to somewhere or upload to the Kasyea server using Get File, or perhaps dump it to the script log - all up to you.

Regards,

Chris

All Replies
  • The best solution I have found is a script to export mapped drives to a text file, and then you can work with it from there a little bit.

• Dont forget that mapped drives are user dependant, so could be different depending on who is logged in to the workstation. You will need to have a waitfor login loop to make sure that the Procedure only attempst to run if someone is logged in.

• You need to write a script that runs as user, then do this execute shell command:

net use >> #temp#\networkdrives.txt

Note: I did the double pipe which is a single pipe in a Kaseya script. Also note you will need to sort out the temp variable. You can then do a get variable or get file for the file content of #temp#\networkdrives.txt, and you can then email that to somewhere or upload to the Kasyea server using Get File, or perhaps dump it to the script log - all up to you.

Regards,

Chris

• Thanks Chris, this worked great....  any idea how to grab networked printers in a similar fashion?

• I use a .vbs script to do this..  I call this from a script - then I put the results into the script log or upload to that agent...

------------------------

on error resume next

Const ForAppending = 8

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile ("c:\temp\drivemap.txt", ForAppending, True)

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\localhost\root\cimv2")

Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_MappedLogicalDisk")

For Each objItem in colItems

Provider = Trim(Replace(objItem.ProviderName, "\\", ""))

a=Split (Provider,"\", 2)

objTextFile.WriteLine objItem.DeviceID & "\" & a(1) & " on " & a(0)

Next

-------------------------------

the output is a file  C:\temp\drivemap.txt

the output file looks like

H:\sn\share on server5

I:\sharename on server5

J:\sn on server5

K:\sn\share on server5

M:\sharename on server7

P:\sharename on server5

V:\sharename on server7

its a nice little script