Kaseya Community

Dealing with Windows Core All Automatic Services

• I'm new to Kaseya and specially to "Monitoring". Testing it, I found this monitor: "Windows (Core) - All Automatic Services"

At principle sounded a good idea to have a monitor on all auto services from windows, then, after enabling it, I'm receiving all sorts of error messages., like 100 to 200 per hour.

Them it starts repeting the same message for same machines.

I would say, it's the 'normal' behavior of this monitor, but then, how useful is this?

How to you use it?

I would like to know that "sppsvc", or "clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32", or "RoxWatch12" or else stopped work, but I don't need to know it every hour or even less.

And in a case where that one is suppose to be stopped, how can I tell the Kaseya to not create a message on that one, on that machine?

In short: how do you use that tool? or you just don't use it?

Tks

• Hi  

To start, are you using the Systems Management Tool functionality or did you leverage a copy of the System Management provided Monitor Set?

If you are using the tool, you can do little to change the behavior or settings.

However, if you made a copy of this monitor set and leveraged this set - you should be able to modify the configuration.

Here is a copy of the set from my system, this will allow you to adjust the configuration.

However, we can see that it has a 14-day re-arm period. This will prevent a service that is stopped from triggering another alarm for 14 days.

IF the service stops and restarts, the re-arm condition is then not considered, as this is a new unique condition of the service stopping and restarting, thus generating a new alarm.

Certain automatic services tend to restart or stop and start quite often, which appears to be what you are seeing.

When leveraging *ALL Monitor Sets, it will monitor ALL automatic services without regard and it does not have any exclusions options or one off's for specific services.

An alternative solution to this would be to leverage specific windows services in the set instead of listing *ALL, using a specific filter like SQL* for sql services, or investigate other options like MSPAssist which allows specific exclusions of services via their application.

• I think the mistake here is using Kaseya *All .

Whilst it's quick and easy to get going you will end up with all sorts of alerts on services that have no impact of the Machines stability etc.

A far better approach , and yes it takes a bit more  time to set up , is to specifically define what services you want to monitor.

And there are many example of these type of monitor sets in Kaseya already , or can be provided by other on the community