Kaseya Community

filter on MachineGroup

• Hi,

just wondering whether it is possible to use a custom field defined on machinegroup level within views. (forexample support level ) to distinguish

we are thinking about a new service with reduced monitoring / policies / separate dashboard......

rgds

• Hi  

To clarify, are you asking if a custom field can be leveraged in a view?

If so, then yes, custom fields are available in Views under advanced agent data filters.

If I misunderstood, please let me know.

• Hi Nicolas,

it's in relation with creation of dasboards. In dashboard you can use a view, so I was wondering whether it is possible to create a view an machinegroup level forexample suppport level. Now  whenever you create a new dashboard you have to hide/unhide the machinegroups that you want in that particular dashboard.

rgds

ps. Is there a simple way to change the 5721 port to checkin for one particular Client ( temporarely )

• Hi  

Yes, your custom fields should be available in views to leverage. If you are using the same views in dashboard it should not be a problem.

My only comment would be to ensure these views do not get modified.

Additionally, you can change the checkin port for each respective agent via Agent > Checkin Control (Keep in mind the new port should be open in the firewall on your systems)

• Just a note on Nick's comment:  Check-in Control is currently available for On Premise installations only.  

• Nicholas,  I didn't think it was possible to change the port?    While you could open the port in the firewall, doesn't Kaseya only listen on 1 port?    I would think the application firewall would reject anything other than the default?  Has something changed, or is it just more flexible than I thought?

• Hi  

No you are correct, while you can change the check-in port for individual agents, an individual Kaseya Server will listen only on one port (Whatever is specified in the 'System > Configure Page > Specify Port for Agent Check in').

I do not know of a way aside from hacks to allow an individual Kaseya Server to listen on multiple ports at one time for agent communications.