I'm trying to put together a disk usage over time report by using the Free Disk Space Performance counter with a high sample interval (12hours, 24hours, 7days) however no matter what I do I keep getting 6 data values a day when I should only get 2 or 1 every day or 1 every 7days.
I ran the Legacy reporting and found that it is also giving multiple values a day.
Just wondered if anybody has done this before and/or if it is even possible with the core monitoring?
I gave up on this ages ago and resorted to our own Portal for reports. So I have the following report for Disk usage over time.
That is what I'm really looking for but you can't do line graphs only pie and bar in Kaseya.
I suspect the issue I'm running its do with the sample interval only having a max of 4hours and the new reporting is too limiting with its functionality.
Maybe I should log a ticket for the sample interval...
You should be able to do a histogram of the LogicalDisk\% Free Space\C: or any single instance using a Monitor Set. Using a Collection Threshold of Over -1 and a Sample Interval of 12 Hours, you should get 2 data points per day. Then if you use the Legacy Report option (only way to do this type of report today) and Select Monitoring, and the Monitor Set report, you can specify the name of your Monitor Set and the time frame for the report, and it will generate a histogram just like you will see under the Monitor->Monitor Log function for that same Monitor Set. Also, I am a bit confused by the "sample interval only having a max of 4hours" comment. Can you clarify what you mean there?
Kaseya Professional Services
When I checked the 3 reports I counted each of them had a 6 data points a day and if you divide 24 by 6 you get 4 which is how I got to 4 hours.
The 12hour monitor set and report appears to be working today, I'm sure it did not work on Monday as I was using it to compare with the other two report outputs but today it appears to be working.
The 24hour and 7 day monitor sets/ reports do not work and instead of lowering the number of data points they appear to increase instead and all I can think of is that the report is some how picking up the other monitor sets data points.
The increase in the number of data points makes the space values above the bars unreadable and it looks like the max number of bars should be around 14.
(Now has 4 datapoints instead of the 6 per day I got on Monday and the 1 per day I'm expecting)
(The 7 day sample interval monitor set report still has the 6 per day data points)
Here is how I have the 24hour/1day Monitor set configured, I use the same configuration with the exception of the Simple interval which I have changed for each monitor set to to match the number of data points I needed per day;
and here is how I have the 24hour/1day report configured again exactly the same at the other 2 with the exception the Monitor Set Name filter;