Kaseya Community

Monitor alarm that triggers an application or script

This question is answered

My apologies if this has already been posted but I couldn't find it.

I have a monitor that informs me when my crappy DVR software stops running.  At this point it just emails me and then I need to remote in to re-open the program manually.  Unfortunately, the software is not running as a service so I can't just have it set to restart the service.  How do I trigger the alert to open the application for me when an alert is triggered?

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • I presume by "monitoring" you mean you have a monitor sets that alerts you when the DVR Process ( ie Process NOT Service ) stops ?

So create a script that executes the required command to start the application then go to "Assign Monitoring" and instead of just selecting the Send Email option , select run script as well and pick the script you just created that starts the DVR App

All Replies
  • Seems to me the best thing to do would be to write an Agent Procedure to start the software, then have your alarm fire off that Procedure.

• I presume by "monitoring" you mean you have a monitor sets that alerts you when the DVR Process ( ie Process NOT Service ) stops ?

So create a script that executes the required command to start the application then go to "Assign Monitoring" and instead of just selecting the Send Email option , select run script as well and pick the script you just created that starts the DVR App

• Thanks Paul that was what I was looking for.  I had forgotten where I had set the monitor set to email me.