Kaseya Community

Event log alert list cleaning

This question is answered
Event log alert list.jpg

I would like to know how i can clean up the Event Log Alert list as shown in the attachment.

Is it possible to throw some of these event sets away or do i have to throw them away one by one?

Verified Answer
  • Well, Finaly I had some time to search the database in order to delete all those standard Event Sets.

My list is now clean, and only my own Event Sets are in the dropdown list.

For those wanting to clean up the list in MASS:

Open on your VSA server Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.

Go to Databases, and click on ksubscribers. Click on tables and search for dbo.eventSetName.

Right click on it and click on "Edit Top 200 Rows". In the window on the right you will see all Event Sets that are available in the drop down list.

Select all the rows you want to remove and right click on it. Click on Remove to delete the Event Sets.

When you open the Drop Down list in Event Log Alerts you will only see the Event Sets that you left in the dbo.eventSetName.

Hope this will help some one else as it did for me.

All Replies
  • Choose the one you don't want then hit the Edit button to the left of it and the delete option is in there.

• My question is to delete a bunch of them at once. I would like to clean the entire list, delete them all. Is it possible to do that?

• No there is no way to delete multiple event sets to my knowledge, at least in the GUI. It is possible that this could be removed from the web server in mass by deleting the proper XML files, but this data may also only be in the database. I'd stick with the safe route unless you're needing to delete 100+ of them.

• Well, Finaly I had some time to search the database in order to delete all those standard Event Sets.

My list is now clean, and only my own Event Sets are in the dropdown list.

For those wanting to clean up the list in MASS:

Open on your VSA server Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.

Go to Databases, and click on ksubscribers. Click on tables and search for dbo.eventSetName.

Right click on it and click on "Edit Top 200 Rows". In the window on the right you will see all Event Sets that are available in the drop down list.

Select all the rows you want to remove and right click on it. Click on Remove to delete the Event Sets.

When you open the Drop Down list in Event Log Alerts you will only see the Event Sets that you left in the dbo.eventSetName.

Hope this will help some one else as it did for me.