Kaseya Community

Constant restart of KNM Windows service

• Hello,

Today I spent a lot of time (6 hours) to complete my monitoring setup in KNM and it worked fine.

Suddenly the KNM Windows service stalled and since that time it is contstantly stopping itself.

I turned on recovery to Restart the service but it is becoming a bit annoying now...

I cannot find anything in KNM log, only startup messages.

Has something became corrupt?

Thank you,

Marc Nieuwhof

• i would say log a ticket....

• Marc,

When opening a ticket, check if you have a crash dump (*.dmp) in the KNM directory, please attach that to the ticket for faster resolution.

• Ok... how do I open a ticket? I have my dump file... I can't open a ticket because I can't access the customer portal... Hard to tell what to do and where...

• Can you zip it and attach it to this thread (?) I will make sure someone take a look at it a.s.a.p

• Thanx Robert,

Here's the file!

Marc Nieuwhof

• Here you go!

Thanks,

Marc

• Sorry guys,

Nothing works...

This is what I get when I try to post with the attachement.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <compilation debug="true"/>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Security error.]
       CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.ForumPostFeaturedContentService.EnsurePermissions(ISecurityService securityService, ForumPost content, FeaturedContentAction state) +388
       CommunityServer.Components.FeaturedContentService`1.RemoveFeatured(T content) +49
       CommunityServer.Discussions.Controls.CreateEditForumPostForm.SavePost(Thread post) +727
       CommunityServer.Discussions.Controls.CreateEditForumPostForm.SubmitButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +290
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +140
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11056951
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11056490
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +91
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +240
       ASP.themes_groups_generic_forums_createeditpost_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +9
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5448; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

• Marc,

Check your messages (click CONVERSATIONS)

• i am facing strange KNM issue. I am using 4.1 running within my VSA. Installation went well, i create a network added devices and it was working fine. Now it has started acting up. When ever click on any menu in KNM it just freeze and most of the time i end up with killing ie task... Following up with Nicholas vide ticket CS094323, no resolution suggested yet. I was suggested that the trial version has problem but after adding my license it still freezing. Everything else work perfectly fine in kaseya. Need some immediate solution

• Start a new thread to not hijack mnieuwhof thread which is about a completly different issue, also post your build number.

• If you were a previous INM customer and we have not been able to reach out to you; you can register at our welcome page:  www.kaseya.com/.../welcomeintellipool.aspx

This will get you access to the customer portal.  

• It's working again...

Thanx for your support!

Have a nice weekend!

Marc