Kaseya Community

Monitor windows service memory usage & restart service when threshold is reached

• Hello,

I'm kinda new to Kaseya and I want to implement the following: A few services (different service names) need to be monitored on memory usage and when they the threshold of 200MB they have to be restarted.

For the moment I found how to create a Monitor set with a service in it, but I'm a little stuck how to monitor the memory usage for that service and also at the restart part.

And do I have to create a monitor set per service? Or can I include all the services in one monitor set?

Thanks in advance for the replies

• "but I'm a little stuck how to monitor the memory usage for that service and also at the restart part."

That is not possible out of the box . i had to do exactly what your looking for and i did it completely in VB for simplicity sake. you should be about to use the kaseya scripting with a whole bunch of shell commands to do what you want however im sure it would need to be scheduled as a script and not from a monitor set

• You've got about two dozen performance counters available on a per-process basis (Page file Bytes, Virtual Bytes, Private Bytes, Working Set, etc).

Just create a monitor set and select 'Process' as the object and you'll see about two dozen counters you can monitor for on any Windows process - you'll just need to manually add the process name by clicking 'Add Instance'.

If the counters available don't get you what you need then you'd need some kind of vbscript scheduled to routinely run and interrogate the process as Michael has mentioned.

• "You've got about two dozen performance counters available on a per-process basis (Page file Bytes, Virtual Bytes, Private Bytes, Working Set, etc)."

um really ? my VSA only monitors process by their state as in if they are running or not ?

am i missing something 

• I was just about to post in agreement with Michael that process monitoring is only up or down.  But then I realized that what Ben meant is that you can use the Counter monitoring, select Process as the Object, select the statistic you are looking to monitor (ie. % CPU time) as the Counter, and then select the instance as whatever process you are looking to monitor.

I can confirm that I see this functionality on K 5.1 and 6.2 now (I never knew this was possible before).

Learning new things every day here.  Very cool stuff.

• Learning new things every day here.  Very cool stuff.

Yes