Kaseya Community

SQL Maintenance Plan Monitoring

This question is answered

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has some advise on using Kaseya to monitor a custom maintenance plan in MS SQL. We've set up a plan to rebuild an index of a particular DB once a week and would like a notification of completion (success or fail). Any advise/tips/best practice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Kevin

Verified Answer
  • Hi Kevin,

You could set up an Event Set to monitor for the appropriate event IDs for success & fail. Then configure it to send an email or alert when they occur.

Steven

Sent: Friday, 2 September 2011 12:49 PM
    To: community_monitoring@kaseya.com
    Subject: [Kaseya Community: Monitoring] SQL Maintenance Plan Monitoring

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has some advise on using Kaseya to monitor a custom maintenance plan in MS SQL. We've set up a plan to rebuild an index of a particular DB once a week and would like a notification of completion (success or fail). Any advise/tips/best practice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Kevin

All Replies
  • Hi Kevin,

You could set up an Event Set to monitor for the appropriate event IDs for success & fail. Then configure it to send an email or alert when they occur.

Steven

Sent: Friday, 2 September 2011 12:49 PM
    To: community_monitoring@kaseya.com
    Subject: [Kaseya Community: Monitoring] SQL Maintenance Plan Monitoring

Hi

Cheers

Kevin

• we have SQL send an email when the maintenance plan fails to a local administrator, and monitor the event log for failures

• Thanks guys for the tips. We can't setup SQL to mail us because of unique factors in the environment but montoring the particular event should do the trick. Thanks for the replies

• The Event ID you're looking for is 208 which appears to cover most errors.  We've certainly get a huge pile of them through.