Kaseya Community

Scheduling scripts to run based on event log entries

This question is answered

Hi

We're starting to get Kaseya to automatically run some scripts based on event log entries appearing.  This runs well, except for one large issue that we cant seem to figure out... We want to run a particular script on all our managed servers when event 47 appears in Monitor...Events...Event Logs.  However to set it up you have to tell it which server is to run the script.  We want the script to run on the clients server, so the server will be different in each case.  This means we have to schedule this individually for each agent.  For hundreds or thousands of agents this is just not efficient.  Is there any other way of configuring multiple agents to run a script based on an event?

Thanks

David

Verified Answer
  • just don't specify the server - so when alarm triggers run this script but don't specify the machine - Kaseya will then run it on the machine that actually triggered the alarm.

I use the script function a lot for monitoring and I have never specified a machine.

All Replies
  • just don't specify the server - so when alarm triggers run this script but don't specify the machine - Kaseya will then run it on the machine that actually triggered the alarm.

I use the script function a lot for monitoring and I have never specified a machine.

• Thanks mmartin - so obvious I didnt think of that.  I thought it was required.

Cheers

dave