Kaseya Community

Alert on no data?

• Hey folks. We've had a pretty bad day here in my neck of the woods. We have a server with, it turns out, some minor network issues. The issues are not enough to keep the machine from coming online, but it cannot be directly remote controlled (We have to RDP into it from another server on the network) nor is it reporting to my monitors properly.

I've standard disk, memory, CPU monitors on all our servers. In this instance, it should have alerted me when the hard disk on the server dropped below 5% free space. Instead, it's not reporting anything. At all. So now we're trying to figure out a way we can tell, in the future, if something like this comes up again.

I've been wracking my brain all morning but I can't really find or think of a way to tell if monitoring isn't reporting properly without actively checking all my servers against the data the monitors are giving me. Scripts run properly, so I'm going down that road right now, trying to see if I can finagle something there, but I'm also hoping some of you guys might have some suggestions. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Alert on no data?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RyanASP
  • To expand on this problem a bit.

In playing around with my monitors, and actually watching Live Connect, very few of my disk space monitors appear to be feeding consistent data. Just to be silly, for the purposes of testing functionality, I have one set to collect information on one server where the drive has less than 100% free space. After watching grey bars crawling across my screen for a minute or two I've grown rather annoyed. I have full permissions to the proper folders, all that jazz, but now it appears the problem I'm having may be a shortcoming in Kaseya rather than an actual issue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
  • Are the log files on the server recording the information? They should be in agenttemp\klogs\klog$nnnn, where nnnn is a number.

Has the performance monitor stopped on the server, perhaps?

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • interestingly enough, the logs are very small...I think you might have put me on the path I've been searching for all day. Many thanks...especially if this leads to a solution!

• The problem grows stranger.

Performance monitor is running. I can succesfully view live connect data (and logs) for my CPU and RAM monitoring, but there's nothing on the logical disk. I can turn on counters in performance monitor for the hard drive, but free space isn't one of them, and there's apparently some kind of disconnect between it and Kaseya.

Curiouser and curiouser..