Kaseya Community

Monitoring Poll

• As older Customers know, any new release we do always get enhanced. I wanted to find out how RealTime monitoring has done on this release. I believe we have hit the nail on the head when it comes to this tool. As usual I would like to hear it from you.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitoring Poll,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sourceminer
  • I haven't played with the SNMP side yet.

The rest of the realtime monitoring was very intuitive and easy to set up, and I like it alot. The ability to scan the remote machines and then select specific services to monitor is just outstanding. I also like the overall presentation of the monitoring console. I give it an A+.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor/Event Sets/SNMP Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Alan M
  • More documentation is needed, cookbooks, recipes etc

Legacy Posted By Username: restech
  • Great capabilities. Perhaps including more scripts or MIBs for canned SNMP sets would help. I really appreciate the options Kaseya does give. Just need some trustworthy sources to gather MIBs from.

Legacy Posted By Username: mcmonagle
  • See this forum topic

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=971&forum_id=42

• The power is there in the RTM module and that's good. The practical application and ease of use are still a bit questionable.

Kaseya has been struggling for a while to develop a UI that cleanly and clearly helps the administrators to do their job. There are many confusing areas that cross over from "setup" to "day to day maintenance". In most other products, setup is clearly separate from day to day stuff. But in Kaseya, they tend to be mixed closely together in the interface. The new RTM is no expection to this problem. Making it easier to implement and understand in a real world scenario should be the focus of future efforts. But it is an excellent first foray into the world of RTM.

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • I am impressed with what we are able to do, but unfortunately no data is being returned for anything (SNMP or Monitor Sets.)

This seems to be a common issue for many customers, and I haven't heard any sort of official response from Kaseya on the issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: nzeigler
  • I see an awful lot of good things within RTM and I am excited to learn more. Hopefully some of the 66 hotfixes I just received after manually checking will expand the help system and I will pick up more in Peabody next week.

One thing that doesn't seem to be there are would be good to have is some control over how long a process or service needs to be down before an alert is generate.

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • Please do not post support questions in here. This is just to comment on the RTM product not ask questions.

• It seems okay to me but one thing that i really disappointed is that monitor features does not support Win98.A lot of our client have Win98 in their environment.

Legacy Posted By Username: amir
  • Sorry to hear you have several clients still on windows 98. Vista is on the move and these customers are missing a whole generation of Microsoft OS. The reason windows 98 does not have performance is due to the fact that windows 98 does not have performance monitoring. Kaseya reads the perfmon so it needs to be there in windows.

• I do like what I see so far but have some suggestions. We have used IPSentry for many years and I think if you look at it for the alerting you will find some good ideas. When you are monitoring several devices you need the ability to set how many times an alert will be sent. If you get an alert for something being down, it is nice to have it send an alert when that comes back up. Being able to say, alert after so many downs, and then alert 1 time on transition to up. Flexible alerting would be a major enhancement. Also an escalation on the alerts would be good. Lets say you get an alert for something being down and it is sent to a level 1 support person, if after a time limit the item is still down, generate an alert to a level 2 support person, and so on.

Legacy Posted By Username: Roy.Davis
  • Looks good but now we are getting alerts from the monitoring as well as the event logs.

Need a good piece of documentation on how to configure everything, similar the the setting up kaseya for the msp that was so great on setting us up initially.

Basically, we are not really using it to it's potential. We don't understand why the thresholds were set where they were inmonitor sets provided.

We really need documentation and training to make this useful for us and our clients.

Legacy Posted By Username: rvines