Kaseya Community

Agent display in Add/Remove Programs

• Is there a way to prevent the agent from displaying the machine name and IP address in Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features? 

• Yes, create a script to change the Discription in the registry

its located here

hklm/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/uninstall/<your hash>/description

• Hey, ThirteenTwenty!

I use a procedure to check for the registry key and - if it exists - set the "SystemComponent" to "1".

So, for 32-bit I test the existence of the following Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<companyIDHash>

and if it exists I create

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<companyIDHash>\SystemComponent and set the Reg_DWORD to 1.

Now, this simply hides the agent entry from appearing in the "Add | Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features".  It does not specifically hide the items that the original poster is requesting....

Naturally, for 64-bit the Registry Key to be tested would be similar:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<companyIDHash>

This might help someone......

• Hi Cary, my script simply changes the key for the display in the add remove program, no muss no fuss, it deploys with the agent... hiding the add/remove entry can be done a couple of different ways.