Kaseya Community

bios date

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi, I am looking to get visibility into the Bios Date/Version on my managed end-nodes to see how old my machines are. Can this be done via agent procedure? Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

All Replies
  • All sorts of goodies in the registry key of:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS

• thanks..Any idea how i can perhaps add this to my Audit? Excuse the newbie questions..

• Here is my script for retrieving the info. This is from an earlier version of Kaseya so I haven't had time to redo for K2, but you are welcome to try it. You have to run a report to get the info from the agent log.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

- <ScriptExport xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" xmlns="www.kaseya.com/.../Scripting">

- <Procedure name="Get BIOS Info" treePres="3">

- <Body description="">

- <If description="">

<Condition name="True" />

- <Then>

- <Statement name="GetVariable" continueOnFail="false" osType="Windows">

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="VariableType" value="WMIProperty" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value="root\cimv2:Win32_BIOS.Manufacturer" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="biosManufacturer" />

</Statement>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value="root\cimv2:Win32_BIOS.Name" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="biosName" />

</Statement>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value="root\cimv2:Win32_BIOS.Description" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="biosDescription" />

</Statement>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value="root\cimv2:Win32_BIOS.ReleaseDate" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="biosReleaseDate" />

</Statement>

- <Statement name="WriteScriptLogEntry" continueOnFail="false" osType="Windows">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Comment" value="#vMachine.Machine_GroupID# BIOS info: Manufacturer=#biosManufacturer# Name=#biosName# Description=#biosDescription# ReleaseDate=#biosReleaseDate#" />

</Statement>

</Then>

</If>

</Body>

</Procedure>

</ScriptExport>