Kaseya Community

Agent Working Directory growing issue

This question is answered

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right spot to ask the question...

I have a DC server containing a subfolder "monitoring" under the Agent working Directory C:\kworking.

My problem is that we recently realised this directory is over 4GB (yes you've read GB) worth !!!

The Folder structure looks like this:

C:\kworking\monitoring

C:\kworking\monitoring\bin

C:\kworking\monitoring\data

C:\kworking\monitoring\data\config

C:\kworking\monitoring\data\mappings

C:\kworking\monitoring\data\nmapscans         ...this is effectively the subfolder containing most of the 4GB

C:\kworking\monitoring\data\rrd

C:\kworking\monitoring\work

I understand this could be the result of applying a specific setting to the machine in Kaseya... but I don't  see which one...

Has anyone come across this in the past ?

Could you then help me identify what generated it ?

Thanks for any help

Verified Answer
  • That folder will be full of xml files which are generated when network discovery does it's probing.  They can be safely deleted according to the developers.  I'd forgotten about this and having just checked there are 33k files in my test folder using 6Gb of data.  So thanks for reminding me.

I'm a little surprised that Kaseya haven't created a fix as this was discussed some time ago in this thread - community.kaseya.com/.../55717.aspx

All Replies
  • Sounds like you're using the new Network Discovery bit... it also sounds like it's not cleaning up after itself... I think Ben was heavily in to this while in Beta you may want to ping him about this and find out if there is anything you can do to slim it down.

• Hi,

We also have this problem too, what was the solution to slim this down?

• That folder will be full of xml files which are generated when network discovery does it's probing.  They can be safely deleted according to the developers.  I'd forgotten about this and having just checked there are 33k files in my test folder using 6Gb of data.  So thanks for reminding me.

I'm a little surprised that Kaseya haven't created a fix as this was discussed some time ago in this thread - community.kaseya.com/.../55717.aspx

• Thanks for the answers guys... all were useful.

As for now we stopped using the Network Discovery.