Kaseya Community

Agent Handling of Time Zones

This question is answered

Hi All,

I have a question which I haven't been able to find much info about. How KAgents handle being in different time zones. We are a Service Provider with clients in differing time zones. We are in the process of setting up Agent Procedures and Patching at set time periods of the day. Our main server is based in the UK. How would the Agents react if they were to receive instructions to run a Procedure at 20:00 GMT but they were sitting in New York? Would they trigger and run in the middle of a working day or do something different? Ideally run at 20:00 New York time.

Thanks very much for any assistance in advance.

Simon

Verified Answer
  • I seem to remember from somewhere that they work on the local time of the system the agent is on but I can't offer a reference for that. I do have a managed device which is currently in Australia and the "time at agent" tooltip does show the local time/date. If nobody can come up with a firm answer before I'll run a test next week and have the user confirm when it ran.

Graham.

• the agent works off the local time registered in the PC. If you hover over the Agent "Globe" it'll tell you the time at the agent. Anything you set or schedule will run at the time of the agent not at the time of your Kserver.

All Replies
  • I seem to remember from somewhere that they work on the local time of the system the agent is on but I can't offer a reference for that. I do have a managed device which is currently in Australia and the "time at agent" tooltip does show the local time/date. If nobody can come up with a firm answer before I'll run a test next week and have the user confirm when it ran.

Graham.

• the agent works off the local time registered in the PC. If you hover over the Agent "Globe" it'll tell you the time at the agent. Anything you set or schedule will run at the time of the agent not at the time of your Kserver.

• Thanks very much for your input guys. Much appriciated. Have a great weekend where ever you are in the world.