Kaseya Community

Linux Tricks and Tips with Kaseya

• Anyone have any Linux tips/tricks with Kaseya? Or tips/tricks for managing linux from Kaseya?

I've got Opensuse 11.3, 10, RHEL 4, Ubuntu 10.04, PCLOS, Fedora 12, Mint Linux   spread across our customer's environments.

• Hi, I'd like to know what actrually works on Linux?!  I am trying Custom System Checks and they seem to fail...

• > I am trying Custom System Checks and they seem to fail...

What exactly do you mean by Custom System Checks? Are you doing customized audits, running some system check script, or something

else altogether?

Gordon - Linux Agent Development Team

• Under Monitor > External Monitoring > System Check.  Let me start a new thread...

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/27/p/11700/57651.aspx#57651

[edited by: Simon Wong at 7:24 AM (GMT -7) on 4-5-2011] add link to new thread
  • hey could anyone help to where i could find the kaseya icon in linux?

thanks

• The Kaseya K icon should appear in a gnome-panel the first time you login after installing an agent if you're logging in with a standard GNOME login. If you're logging in via KDE or Unity, there is currently no support for the K icon.

If you're logging in to a GNOME session and don't get the icon, right-click on a gnome-panel and select "Add to Panels...". Does this show the Kaseya KaUsrTsk applet? If so then select the applet and add it to your panel. If it isn't there, let me know what Linux distribution you're running an what version. If it has full gnome support it should be working.

Gordon

• Is the agent supported on the new Gnome 3? or Gnome shell....

• > Is the agent supported on the new Gnome 3? or Gnome shell...

No, its not supported (and probably won't be on Gnome 3 for some time).