Kaseya Community

Installed Apps shows "No applications found" on Mac OSX

This question is answered

Some of our Mac OSX agents are showing no installed applications. The Kaseya Audit scripts are running successfully.

It looks like a problem with the locally installed audit scripts in /Library/Kaseya/ because the files in /Library/Kaseya/Audit/App/ are all 0 kb. The RAM info in the Machine Info tab is showing [object Object] MB.

All of our Mac agents are version 6.0.0.3 and the clients are a mixture of OS version 10.5.8 and 10.6.4. Again, most of the audits are running fine but some are not able to get a list of the installed applications.

Who can help us with this problem?

Verified Answer
  • Re-installing the agent did not work for me but i think i found a somewhat 'dirty' fix for my problem.

After running these steps i got the audit to display all info (including apps en memory):

* trash every file from the folder /Library/Kaseya/Audit/App/

* run the app audit manually: sudo /usr/bin/ruby /Library/Kaseya/bin/app_audit.rb

* I got an error about two missing files. I recreated them with the following two commands:

* sudo touch /Library/Kaseya/Audit/App/dev_list

* sudo touch /Library/Kaseya/Audit/App/dev_list.cache

* again run the app audit manually: sudo /usr/bin/ruby /Library/Kaseya/bin/app_audit.rb

* From the Agent "Audit Information" webpage in Kaseya i pressed the "Audit Now" button

And after a few minutes Kaseya was showing the full apps list!!!!

I will try to test my steps next week on other non-working agents and maybe cleanup my steps.

[edited by: macbofh at 3:50 AM (GMT -7) on 9-24-2010]
All Replies
  • Maybe force an update of the agent to re-install it?  I have not had this problem.

• Re-installing the agent did not work for me but i think i found a somewhat 'dirty' fix for my problem.

After running these steps i got the audit to display all info (including apps en memory):

* trash every file from the folder /Library/Kaseya/Audit/App/

* run the app audit manually: sudo /usr/bin/ruby /Library/Kaseya/bin/app_audit.rb

* I got an error about two missing files. I recreated them with the following two commands:

* sudo touch /Library/Kaseya/Audit/App/dev_list

* sudo touch /Library/Kaseya/Audit/App/dev_list.cache

* again run the app audit manually: sudo /usr/bin/ruby /Library/Kaseya/bin/app_audit.rb

* From the Agent "Audit Information" webpage in Kaseya i pressed the "Audit Now" button

And after a few minutes Kaseya was showing the full apps list!!!!

I will try to test my steps next week on other non-working agents and maybe cleanup my steps.

[edited by: macbofh at 3:50 AM (GMT -7) on 9-24-2010]