Kaseya Community

Agent Branding

This question is not answered

Hi there,

I am busy with branding our Kaseya Agents, so i now let them install in C:\Program Files\DBSupport also i will be standing like this in the start menu. But in the start menu i still see the big blue K as an icon, and also in the DBSupport agent map. But we changed our Kaseya Agent icon to something elso, why is there still the big blue K? And how can i change this?

Also i want to remove the agent from add/remove programs, so a client cant unistall the agent, is this possible?

All Replies
  • your rebranding will be done via reg keys, and yes, everything you're asking about is possible. Downloaded from the script pack is a re-branding script that will help you do this. You'll need to change a few things as the new K2 has a few differences in it's registry and file structure names. I'll see if I can't post ours in here as an xml export. You could then just upload it to your procedures and make the needed changes.

• <ScriptExport>

<Procedure name="Reset Agent Branding #2" treePres="3">

<Body description="This script will remove the start menu items, change the Kaseya service name, change the KaUsrTsk startup name and remove the client uninstall reference. Replaces Services Name with What you want to name it">

<If description="This script will remove the start menu items, change the Kaseya service name, change the KaUsrTsk startup name and remove the client uninstall reference. Replaces Services Name with what you want to name it">

<Condition name="True"/>

<Then>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true" osType="2008">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="rmdir "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Kaseya" /S /Q"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="ExecuteAccount" value="User"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="BooleanParameter" name="Is64Bit" value="False"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true" osType="Vista">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="rmdir "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Kaseya" /S /Q"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true" osType="2003">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="rmdir "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Kaseya" /S /Q"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true" osType="XP">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="rmdir "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Kaseya" /S /Q"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true" osType="2000">

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true" osType="NT4">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="rmdir "%WINDIR%\Profiles\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Kaseya" /S /Q"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true" osType="Me">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="rmdir "%WINDIR%\Start Menu\Programs\Kaseya" /S /Q"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true" osType="98">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="rmdir "%WINDIR%\Start Menu\Programs\Kaseya" /S /Q"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="del "%WINDIR%\Start Menu\Programs\Kaseya\?*.*""/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="ExecuteShellCommand" continueOnFail="true">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Command" value="rmdir "%WINDIR%\Start Menu\Programs\Kaseya""/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="SetRegistryValue" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="RegistryPath" value="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\This will be your cust id and some number string\DisplayName"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Value" value="What your new service name is"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="DataType" value="String"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="Set the specified registry value - Regedit displays keys as folders and values as documents." name="SetRegistryValue" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="RegistryPath" value="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kaseya Cust ID again\DisplayName"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Value" value="New Service name"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="GetVariable" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="VariableType" value="AgentInstallDirectory"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value=""/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="KaLoc"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="DeleteRegistryValue" continueOnFail="true">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Path" value="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Kaseya cust ID"/>

</Statement>

<Statement description="" name="SetRegistryValue" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="RegistryPath" value="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\New Client Name"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Value" value="#KaLoc#\KaUsrTsk.exe"/>

</Statement>

</Then>

<Else>

<Statement description="" name="WriteScriptLogEntry">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Comment" value="Branding Already Updated on this Agent"/>

</Statement>

</Else>

</If>

</Body>

</Procedure>

</ScriptExport>

• See my xml post, you'll have to import that into your Procedures and modify in a few places what you want the name of your agent to be. Let me know if you need any more help, I don't mind assisting.

• Hi there,

Thanks for your help so far, i will test this tomorrow and i will get back to it.

• Hi there,

I keep getting this error:

* The text you are trying to import is ot a valid XML or ASP import format.

* Index was outside the bounds of the array.