Has anyone found a way to use VSA live connect as an RDP link. i want o put an icon on a desktop and have a user connect to a specific workstation using live connect?
Live Connect now uses an Encoded URI . So basically the URL has to include a 64Bit encoded string based on the Agentguid and a few other atributes.
We've developed an automated way to do this in Connectwise and Autotask .. so if your interested we can do a zoom session and show you how this works.
OR .. try this .. but the URI created will only be valid for a certain period of time
Using the New Kaseya KLC URI
1) With a Kaseya username / Password
2) Go to the following URL (substitute with your VSA DNS name) and make an API call using Swagger UI (/api/v1.0/swagger/ui/index) to get the "Auth Token"
3) Use this in the XML as the Token from 2) and the URL , edit the following and replace with your Values
4) Encode the XML by copying the above XML
5) Go to https://www.base64encode.org/ and paste in the XML then click Encode Button
6) Copy the Encoded string and use as Follows
a. Add kaseyaliveconnect:/// to the start of the encoded string and then paste the full string into your browser
b. Add Start to the string and then pasted into a Command prompt
Another way to do this is as follows.
1. In the VSA interface, go to the system tab -> scopes
2. Create a new scope called, for example, "sams-machine-only"
3. Assign only the user's machine to this scope
4. Go to System tab -> Roles and create a new role called "End users"
5. Set the role permissions as required
6. Create a new user "sam" and assign the "sams-machine-only" scope and he "End Users" role and set a password
7. Sam can now run KaseyaLiveConnect.exe on their machine and log in with the credentials created in step 6
This will load the KLC interface, where the customer can use Remote Control to access their machine