Kaseya Community

reboot loop from batch file in procedure

This question is answered
Capture23.PNG

Please help.

I have a procedure with a batch file that includes shutdown.exe /r /f /t 10

The procedure runs, but doesn't stop. Every time it reboots, it re-runs the batch file.

I can cancel the schedule and it will stop, but I do not understand why it doesn't report this as completed to the agent and it keeps running it over and over.

This is my umpteenth iteration of this procedure, just trying to get it to run the network_reset.bat without causing a boot loop.

Verified Answer
  • You cannot execute anything within kaseya script that terminates the network connection or it will never see the procedure as complete, and then re-execute.

In order to get around this, use kaseya to execute your batch file via a delayed windows task scheduler command. This way the kaseya procedure completes, and task scheduler handles the running of the batch file instead.

See:  www.windowscentral.com/how-create-task-using-task-scheduler-command-prompt for guide -- you'll want to use the once option and not a daily/weekly obviously.

All Replies
  • You don't need to create a batch file just to reboot. Type reboot in the procedure and it will show as an option.
  • You cannot execute anything within kaseya script that terminates the network connection or it will never see the procedure as complete, and then re-execute.

In order to get around this, use kaseya to execute your batch file via a delayed windows task scheduler command. This way the kaseya procedure completes, and task scheduler handles the running of the batch file instead.

See:  www.windowscentral.com/how-create-task-using-task-scheduler-command-prompt for guide -- you'll want to use the once option and not a daily/weekly obviously.

• oh, for goodness sake. why didn't i think of that.

thanks, your benevolent Overlordship