Hope my post does not get stuck in moderator jail, I just got an interesting one and thought I would check with you guys that are on Agent Version 184.108.40.206.
To create a view filter for this agent version you need to replace all the dots with zeros like so 90500010 however this does not work, however if I filter for one version back 9050009 the filter works as expected.
Also when I enumerate the Agent Version Database view #vAgentConfiguration.agentVersion# I get the value of 9050010 which translates to 9.5.010 and also does not work in the view filter.
I believe this is a bug that requires a support ticket, let me know if got it wrong.
The view filter works for me if I use 9050010 (or even more easily 905001). I can find any agent older than the current agent by using 0905000.
Hi HK, welcome back?
9050010 is working fine for me in a view I just created. I think you've maybe misinterpreted the admittedly odd numbering scheme: 9050010 'translates' to 09.05.00.10 - they drop the leading zeros to get 220.127.116.11.
Thanks I have been back for some time just very busy :)
Have they changed the way the agent version translate since this KB article then?
What is really funny after futzing around with it I now have two identical filters with the same value
The new one I made now suddenly works and original one does not. ;D
I call shenanigans!
yes and I checked the spaces :)
I've not seen that KB article but I had similar issues trying to filter on version numbers a while back and realised the numbering isn't as logical as it might appear.
here is what I am using for a filter that works (with the exception of the lead build number '9') all following markers require the 2 spaces thus 9.05.00.10 = 9050010
There's a small technical inaccuracy in that article.
Technically, the dots aren't represented by zeros, but every dotted value (after the major number) is formatted as a two-digit zero-padded number. In John's example the 18.104.22.168 => 8000003 is correct - each value becomes two digits padded with leading zeros, but the 22.214.171.124 => 60300019 is not right - it introduces an extra zero, making the last value translate to a 3-digit value.
Given the issue disappeared when creating a new view and two identical views with the same values gave different results, I'd agree with the "shenanigans" diagnosis. :)
I agree the replacing the zero with dots makes less sense then double digit explanation, hopefully @KaseyaSupport will nix that KB Article or update it with something that makes more sense.
As for the Agent Version gremlins in the Views, I have fixed this by deleting and re-importing the view.
Thanks for the clarification guys!
If I doubt how the formatting is, I just hover over an agent check-in icon.
In the pop-screen look for agent version and you can see exactly how it's formatted.